M&V Specialist - New York (Posting Date: May 9, 2016)
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading providing of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation, fire, security and energy management.
We are currently looking for someone who will report to the Energy Analysis Team for measurement and verification of energy and operations savings on long-term projects (10+ years). If you have experience with energy analysis, strong reporting skills and HVAC experience, we would like to speak with you!
This position will be responsible for following areas: South East NY, Eastern PA, and the surrounding areas.
As an M&V Specialist you will:
- Partner with local service & sales/engineering teams.
- Travel to customer sites in various locations approximately 50% of the time.
- Coordinate between energy engineer and project construction manager (PM) regarding M&V plans and requirements during and after construction.
- Conduct on-site spot measurements and short term data collection during construction, warranty, post- warranty as required.
- Prepare post-installations condition report during PM punch list.
- Prepare shortfall reconciliation report, and coordinate job specific mitigation plan.
- Monitor and update performance tracking reports and project deviations.
- Evaluate building performance, including HVAC, controls, water, etc.
- Review energy savings guarantee and customer expectations.
- Collect and analyze energy and site observation data in preparation for baseline adjustment calculations and customer presentation.
- Prepare customer Meeting Reports to document all agreements and needed actions.
- 2-year Technical Degree.
- 5 years of experience in either engineering, controls investigation, savings calculations, or M&V.
- Valid Drivers license.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Understands Building Construction Process.
- Highly Organized, ability to work at detailed level and executive level.
- Strong background with HVAC/HVAC Engineering and ability to perform energy-engineering calculations.
- Experience using building management systems to monitor, trend, and evaluate energy performance. (Understanding of key operational parameters).
- Understanding of building system operations and interactions.
- Training and/or experience with project management.
- Experience with multi-site municipal and/or school customers.
- Comfort level interfacing with and presenting to a high profile customer.
- Effective communicating, planning, and negotiating skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to provide sound and reliable judgment in business solutions.
- Understands ramifications/effects on ESPC by future new and retrofit work by customer.
- Knowledge of baseload and weather-related load calculations, and/or proficiency with utility accounting software such as Metrix.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (including 3+ years of experience with Excel).
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP).
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.